Saturday 1 November 2014

Pumpkin Waffles with Fresh Cranberries


Although the whole pumpkin spice everything craze seems a bit overboard to me, I have to admit I'm still loving the pumpkin flavours at home.   I've recently made Pumpkin and Maple Granola as well as Cranberry and Pumpkin Muffins.  Right around the same time as the muffins, I also made these waffles (hence the fresh cranberries on top).

I've been away from home quite a lot lately starting with a trip to Vancouver in early October - that is when my mom gave me a brand-new Cuisinart Waffle Iron!  Naturally, I had to try it immediately.



This recipe makes 5 or 6 of this style (my other waffle iron is much smaller so depends on what you have).



Ingredients:
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup multi-blend and 1 cup unbleached white)
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup less 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
















Place the first 6 (dry) ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.  Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.  Cover with plastic and set in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
  
Prepare your waffle iron.  When heated, brush surface lightly with oil/butter or use a cooking spray to coat.  Add 3/4 to 1 cup of batter.   Close lid and cook until indicator light turns green (or whatever your iron does to tell you it's ready!).

Serve with your fave toppings (I'm pretty simple with some fruit, butter and maple syrup).

1 comment:

  1. How interesting, using pumpkin puree inside a waffle batter. Must give this a try next time I make pumpkin pie as I always have a cup or so of leftover puree.

    ReplyDelete