Monday 14 July 2014

Harvest Monday: July 14, 2014


I am finally starting to get a bit more variety in my harvest!  New this week are Hungarian Hot Wax peppers and some Isobel pole beans.  I made a quick pickle with the cukes, peppers and onion.  The onion was an accidental harvest while weeding - obviously nowhere near ready yet.

And although I posted about my garlic problems, I neglected to include them in a previous Harvest Monday post so here are some of them being cleaned up.


And another big batch of lettuce greens ...


And I decided it was time for a big basil harvest before they all start to flower.  I made yet another pesto; this time the more traditional style with basil and pine nuts (a quadruple batch).



I made a tasty pasta with some of the greens from the previous week (arugula, spinach, etc.) plus fresh cherry tomatoes (not mine), peppers and some oven-dried tomatoes leftover from last fall.


See what other gardeners are harvesting this week at Daphne's Dandelions Harvest Monday posting!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely harvests. And the pasta looks delicious. I've been getting small batches of basil as I pinch mine out too. But I tend not to do it all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pasta dish does look delicious. I wish my basil would get big enough so that I could make some pesto. I don't know why, but my basil is really slow this year.

    ReplyDelete