Thursday 21 November 2013

Last Harvest - Brussels Sprouts and Purple Haze Carrots


This is definitely the last harvest of the season.  These little brussels sprouts and carrots were picked a few days ago. The carrots were grown in a container in the greenhouse.  Although I planted them way back in June, I did not bother to thin them out. 


And as I've mentioned before, I need some advice on how to properly grow brussels sprouts; they don't seem to have enough time to mature.  The brussels sprouts in the picture are on a towel because they still had bits of snow from the recent spell of cold weather.

I used my final harvest to make a shredded carrot and brussels sprouts salad (dressed with yogurt, lemon, honey).  It was only so-so and I won't bother to share the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment